Math. Graphics. Programming.
MATLAB is a programming and numeric computing platform used by millions of engineers and scientists to analyze data, develop algorithms, and create models.
MATLAB combines a desktop environment tuned for iterative analysis and design processes with a programming language that expresses matrix and array mathematics directly. It includes the Live Editor for creating scripts that combine code, output, and formatted text in an executable notebook.
- Data Analysis (Explore, model, and analyze data)
- Graphics (Visualize and explore data)
- Programming (Create scripts, functions, and classes)
- App Building (Create desktop and web apps)
- External Language Interfaces (Use MATLAB with Python, C/C++, Fortran, Java, and other languages)
- Hardware (Connect MATLAB to hardware)
- Parallel Computing (Perform large-scale computations and parallelize simulations using multicore desktops, GPUs, clusters, and clouds)
- Web and Desktop Deployment (Share your MATLAB programs)
- MATLAB in the Cloud (Run in cloud environments from MathWorks Cloud to public clouds including AWS and Azure)